Telegram is a cloud-based instant messaging and voice over IP service developed by Telegram Messenger LLP, Telegram client apps are available for Android, iOS, Windows Phone, Windows NT, macOS and Linux. Users can send messages and exchange photos, videos, stickers, audio and files of any type.
Telegram’s client-side code is open-source software but the source code for recent versions is not always immediately published, whereas its server-side code is closed-source and proprietary.
- Telegram is the fastest messaging app on the market
- You can access your messages from all your devices at once.
- You can send media and files, without any limits on their type and size.
- We made it our mission to provide the best security combined with ease of use.
- You can create group chats for up to 100,000 members, share large videos, documents of any type.
Telegram accounts are tied to telephone numbers and are verified by SMS or phone call. You can add multiple devices to their account and receive messages on each one. Connected devices can be removed individually or all at once.
The associated number can be changed at any time and when doing so, the user’s contacts will receive the new number automatically. In addition, a user can set up an alias that allows them to send and receive messages without exposing their phone number.